About our Skating
We have public skating sessions at weekends and in the holidays, for families and friends, or to practice your skills. You can also book skating parties, skating lessons and adult skate discos. And we are still hiring the hall for private skate bookings as they have been so popular. Skating is a great way to keep fit and have fun!
Skate hire is included in the price, and we have skates to fit from junior size 8 to adult size 14, with over shoe skates for younger children. We have beginner mats out to help people get going on a slower surface, and/or disco lights and music for a party feel.
We welcome people of all skating abilities, and there is often a volunteer around who can give you a few tips to get going.
From Monday May 17th 2021 we are able to reopen all of our skating – but still with some restrictions in place. See in each activity for the adaptions we are making.
The newly refurbished cafe will be open for drinks and snacks during skating sessions.
You can only attend sessions in a group of up to 6 people or 2 households until 19th July. More detail is in each activity.
You may be eligible for discounted sessions if you are on certain benefits. Check your eligibility for the Penistone leisure card and to apply.
- Skate Tour Challenge
- Sponsor our Skaters
- Public skating session
- Private Party – book dateDeposit: £25.00
- Private hire skating – 1/3 hall£8.00
- Private hire skating – smaller room£6.00
- Private Hire Skating – 2/3 hall£10.00 /hr
- Small skating party£30.00
- Adult Skate DiscoFrom: £5.00
- Penistone Skate School – block of 6 lessonsFrom: £28.00
- Penistone Skate School – Adult only blockFrom: £32.00
- Penistone Skate School – holiday classesFrom: £8.00
- Private Party – make a payment