Fun for all ages
Roller skating is great for keeping fit, and lots of fun with your friends or family.
People of all ages are welcome, from toddlers to teens to adults. Everyone is expected to be aware that there are people of different abilities skating together and to take care.
We have ‘beginner mats’ for a slower surface for people getting started, play music and sometimes have the disco lights on. All of these can be requested at the skate reception.
We now have the cafe area open and you will be allocated a table in there. At the moment we are only serving hot and cold drinks, crisps and chocolate. However, let the volunteer in the kitchen know your ideas for what you would like us to provide in the future.
We have reduced our maximum number from 50 skaters to 20 attendees (skaters and non-skaters) to allow for social distancing. Therefore we encourage you to only book one non-skating adult and only bring non-skating children if absolutely necessary.
Following government guidelines, no groups larger than 6 may come, unless they are all from the same household / social bubble.
Only people who have booked online should arrive for sessions.
– Please queue outside until Reception or the Gym doorway is clear of the group before you.
– We are still hiring skates, pads and helmets. They will be disinfected and/or quarantined between users. However, if at all possible please keep the same skates for the whole session.
– We will put all of your household’s shoes in a sanitised box while you are skating rather than on the shelves.
– Social distancing of 2 metres MUST be maintained at all times. Parents/carers are responsible for ensuring children follow social distancing guidelines.
– We will space family groups of chairs and/or tables 2m apart at the end of the hall or in the café. Please only sit in your area and don’t mix with other groups.
– Following government guidance, we do not recommend the wearing of a mask while skating. However, spectators are required to wear one unless they are one of the exceptions.
– Non-skating children will need to remain seated for the whole session. However, note that we have over shoe skates suitable for children from about age 2-4yrs.
– Adults may walk round the hall with children if they need support
– Please queue for the toilets in the waiting area. Only two people in the toilets at once.
– Please leave promptly to give us time to clean before the next group arrives.