Private parties at Penistone Leisure centre can be for skating, or whatever other entertainment you would like to bring. We have had football parties, bouncy castles, pedal cars, DJs and even zorbing balls.
Parties are 2hrs long, and include the hire of the main hall and the party room. There are also 15 mins before and after, where you can bring in your food (if self catered) and get ready to welcome your guests.
Booking a party
- Book your party date/time on our website and pay the £30/40 deposit to secure your party date.
- Please pay the remaining balance 2 weeks before the party. You can pay in instalments on the Private Party – further payments page.
- In the week before your party we will contact you to confirm numbers.
- If you cancel your party more than 6 weeks in advance, your deposit will be refunded. After that, your deposit is lost unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- If you have any questions about your party, please contact Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01226 763949.
Terms and conditions:
- Parties are for up to 40 Skaters (50 people in own entertainment) spectators not included.
- You will not be permitted into the Centre to set up until 15 mins before your session, and will need to leave 15 mins after the end
- If children are left at the party by their parents, they are your responsibility, as the organiser of the party.
- You are responsible for the supervision of the main hall activity.
- Rubbish must be taken away with you.
Arriving for the party
- You can arrive 15 mins ONLY before your party to bring in food and equipment.
- Additional decorations can be added to the tables in the party room, but not to any walls.
- You can bring balloons without glitter or bits inside. Party poppers, pinatas or any sort of decorative liquid is not allowed.
During your party
- Depending on your party, there may be different numbers of staff (Minimum of 1 Lead party staff and a Kitchen Assistant). There will always be someone who will meet you at the door, and someone who is first aid trained. They will be available to sort out any problems you have throughout the party.
- At a skating party, adults can walk round with a child to support them, or watch from the Cafe. Skates, pads and helmets are included in the price.
- All food and drink must be consumed in the party room, it is not permitted in the main hall. This includes sweets and items from party bags.
Food at your party
- Saturday parties will be catered for by PLC ONLY. Minimum 20. (See menus for choices). Saturdays Small skating party will be Cold buffet option ONLY. Minimum 6.
- Sunday Parties are Self-cater ONLY
- Food for Catered parties will require numbers, Payment in full and any dietary specifications with at least one weeks notice prior to party date.
- We have tablecloths, plastic plates, cups, Jugs, bowls and cutlery which we encourage you to use to avoid waste. If you use these, we will clear and wash them up at the end. If you choose to bring your own disposable plates, you will need to take all your waste away with you at the end of the party.
- Food for self-cater parties will need to be wrapped and ready to put straight on the tables. – There is no preparation space. You will not have access to fridges, microwave or oven.
- The party room tables and seating will be set out ready with place settings as notified in advance.
- Hot drinks will be available for adults to buy during the party, or you can set up a tab to be paid at the end.
- All food and drink must stay in the party room, including sweets. NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE MAIN HALL.
- We will clear the party room and wash up after everyone has finished. Food remaining on serving plates will be returned to you.
At the end of the party
- Guests should leave by the end time of your party, so the activity will need to finish a little earlier.
- Please take all table decorations, balloons, rubbish and any food remaining away with you.
Privacy and data