We are recruiting for
Part time, 1 positions at 6 hrs/wk with the potential for more dependant on bookings. £10.50 per hour
Must be available weekends
Penistone Leisure Centre was reopened by a group of volunteers in 2012 to provide fitness and leisure opportunities to the surrounding community. Having recently refurbished the centre to expand our offering, we find ourselves busier than ever. To meet this need, we are hoping to welcome 1 to 2 Weekend Leads to the Penistone Leisure Centre team to supervise our weekend activities of public skate, gym, and parties.
The job will involve:
- Providing on-site leadership for weekend staff and volunteers
- Oversee and take an active role in hosting parties, including setting up party spaces
- Liaise with Chef Manager regarding food service (Saturdays only)
- Check-in gym users and oversee public skate session
- Maintain cleanliness of the centre
- Perform skate maintenance
- Ensure security of the centre
- Emergency at work First Aid
- Excellent customer service skills
- Leadership experience
- A proactive approach to managing daily activities of the centre
Holidays: 6 wks/yr pro rata(including Christmas shut down and bank holidays)
If you have any questions, please email Alex at email@example.com or call 01226 763949.
Please forward your CV and the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Alex Heger at Penistone Leisure Centre, Thurlstone Road, Penistone, Sheffield, S36 9EF.
Closing date: Sunday 1st October 2023
We will conduct interviews as suitable candidates apply.
As it is likely you will work with volunteers with additional needs and set up sessions for elderly people and children, we will do a DBS check for the successful applicant to this post and you are asked to declare any criminal convictions on the application form. However, in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, a criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to getting the job as anything you put down will be considered on an individual basis.