We have grand plans for Penistone Leisure Centre! Following lots of consultation with the community, we have drawn up extensive plans for a major refurbishment of the Centre. See the full plans by clicking the ‘Refurbishment Plans’ Button on the right of your screen. >>
We are aiming to fundraise £50k as a contingency fund to help us get the Leisure Centre into a tip-top condition!
You can donate to our ‘Big Build Fund’ by clicking the orange button on the right of the screen! >>
Keep your eyes on this page, for updates on how we’re doing!
Money Raised So Far-
- £1894 from many local donors via Just Giving CrowdFunding website
- £500 from Penistone Round Table
- £1000 from Penistone Mayors Fund thanks to Mayor Gillian Millner
- £500 from Penistone Trunce Runners via Andy Plummer
- £500 from Penistone Footpath Runners via Steve Dickinson
- £500 anonymous donor
- £10 from 2 of our Centre Users
- £100 Charities Voucher from anonymous donors
- £20 from a Gym Member
- £10 from Mr & Mrs Hinchliffe
- £35 from Penistone Library Charity Collection
- £25 Anonymous Donor
- £20 from Jane Lea Jones
- £86.98 from Eva’s Yoga Class attendees
- £250 from Matthew Dodge at City Electrical Factors Ltd
- £136.40 from Lord Mayors Parade and Gala Collection Buckets
- £1,000 from Ecclesiastical Insurance Grant (nominated to win by the public)
- £25,000 from Blackstone Edge Wind Farm Fund and Ventient Energy to make energy efficiency improvements to the building.
- £60,000 from BMBC’s Section 106 fund- to go towards the first stage of our development plan.
We have plans for-
Approaching local businesses for support/sponsorship- Are you a local business owner? Can you help?
‘Friends of Penistone Leisure Centre’ Scheme.
Baby Boot Sale