New Art @ The Hub
We have a new booking for our studio space – The Hub. We will be hosting a Friday evening Art Sessions (3rd Friday of the month)
Local artists have been asked to showcase their talents in the form of a sampler workshops, talks, demonstrations or/and hands on practical sessions.
First date confirmed is with our local artist:
May 19th – Botanical drawing with charcoal with Rosie B Creates
- Draw a botanical themed still life, exploring various techniques with charcoal. Paper and charcoal provided.
- Rosie will be setting up a still life using dried flowers and interesting items to explore and draw
- This is a taster workshop – we may explore different techniques, get messy hands ( wear an old shirt or bring a apron! )
- Enjoy drawing in our studio space – workshops will hopefully lead to future dates being booked to explore drawing techniques further.
- If you prefer to draw with an ipad, you are very welcome to bring along digital medium aswell. ( just makes sure its kept clean away from the charcoal!)
June 16th – 2D Needle felt landscape with Sam Jackman Textile Artist (No Under 16yr)
- Create a 2D needle felt landscape. Materials included.
July 21st – Jewellery making demo and taster workshop with Sarah Catterall Jewellery (No Under 16yr)
- A short demo of how to make a ring, followed by a hands on taster workshop to ‘have a go’. Copper included (Silver can be purchased from artist on the night)
Sep 15th – Artist tbc
Oct 20th – Artist tbc
Nov 17th – Macrame with Emily from LOL Productions
- You will leave with a basic understanding of a range of macrame knots they can use to make their own plant hangers and decorations plus a beautiful macrame keyring they can gift for Christmas or keep for themselves. All materials provided.I’ve also teamed up with BettyHugh Plants to have some hangers, pots and plants for people to buy during the evening.
You can book for one or all.
If you are an artist and would love to showcase some of your skills and get involved – we’d love to hear from you – Apply here