We’ve gone to great lengths to ensure that you, our volunteers and instructors are kept safe whilst at Penistone Leisure Centre.
What we have done-
- All activities have undertaken risk assessments to make sure they can operate in a ‘covid-safe’ way.
- We have timetabled gaps in to the classes program to ensure that one class has time to leave before the next one enters, and so that there is time for cleaning any necessary equipment.
- We are installing perspex screens and hand gel dispensers (going in this week)
- Volunteers have been provided with PPE to wear if they wish.
- Increased cleaning in all areas, but particularly in high traffic areas like doors/toilets etc.
What you can do-
- Please do not attend the centre if you or any member of your household has shown any symptoms of Covid-19 (persistant dry cough, high temperature, loss of taste/smell) or are awaiting the results of a Covid test.
- Please queue outside until you can see that reception is clear
- Please sanitise your hands using the provided gel when you enter the building.
- Unless you are medically exempt, please wear a mask in the shared areas of the centre, and until you begin exercising.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times- there are markers to follow to help you to stick to this.
- Please follow the one way system around the centre (left at reception and queue through the waiting area), and follow the directions of staff/volunteers/instructors.
- Please arrive and leave in your work out clothing- there are no changing facilities available at Penistone Leisure Centre.
- Please arrive and leave the centre promptly for your sessions. If you are too early or late for your session, you may be asked to wait outside.
- Please leave any personal belongings at home- just bring a bottle of water.
- If you are using the centre’s equipment (in the gym etc) please ensure it is cleaned down thoroughly with the wipes provided.
- There is a limit of 2 people in the toilets at a time- please queue in the waiting area if there are already 2 people in the toilets.