We take your safety incredibly seriously here at Penistone Leisure Centre. It feels like the Covid-19 restrictions have been in place forever now, but it’s important not to become complacent, as the infection rates are still dangerously high.
We have had a Covid-19 risk assessment in place since the beginning of the pandemic and just would like to let you know the measures we have in place to keep our Centre and the Gyms safe.
- Every one entering the building must have pre-booked their session, so that we have their details for track and trace purposes.
- Hands must be sanitised on arrival and masks must be worn in the shared areas of the centre and until exercise begins.
- We have strict limits on numbers in each of the rooms, meaning there should never be any overcrowding.
- Gym users are required to clean down the machines they use before and after each use.
- The Gyms are thoroughly cleaned between each hour long Gym session.
- The Gyms/Toilets and high traffic areas are ‘Fogged’ regularly using an antiviral disinfectant which kills 99.9% of pathogens.
Here’s our very own Ghost Buster, Alison fogging the Cardio Room.