The damaged area of flooring in the main hall is being treated for dry rot on Monday 1st / Tuesday 2nd August. This affects classes and sessions on those days as follows:
Monday 1st August:
On Monday, the affected floorboards will be pulled up and plaster removed from the wall to take all affected material away. The area will then be sterilised. If you are particularly affected by dust or chemical fumes, you are advised not to come to the centre on Monday. The workers will be finished by 4pm and their recommendation is that people should stay out of the area for 2 hrs after it has been treated.
Activities at the centre on Monday are therefore as follows:
- Gym 10am-12 – on as normal
- Legs, Bums and Tums 10-11am – in party room and/or gym
- Circuit training 6-7pm and 7-8pm – on as normal
Tuesday 2nd August:
On Tuesday the area will be made good again, around the door and plaster on the walls. There should not be dust or chemicals on Tuesday but there will be workers in a cordoned off area of the main hall until 4pm.
Activities at the centre on Tuesday are therefore as follows:
- Gym 10am-12 on as normal
- Kids/Teens Boxing 10am-12 – on as normal in main hall with reduced area
- Fast Skating Session 2-4pm – cancelled due to safety concerns with fast moving people
- Karate 6-7pm and 7-8pm on as normal
- Boogie Bounce 6:30-7:30pm and 8-9pm on as normal
Please note that after this time, there will still be an area of floor exposed until new boards are refitted but this will be done as soon as possible. If you can recommend anyone who could do this job, please let us know.