About our First Aid courses
We run first aid courses at Penistone Leisure Centre several times per year. This enables our volunteers to gain the qualification, and so keep all of the centre users safe.
We usually have spare places, which we offer to other people at a cost of £65, including a buffet lunch.
The courses are usually run on a Sunday and last 6 hours, excluding lunch and breaks.
Certification: Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate. (FAIB) which is valid for 3 years. These will be available to collect from PLC after successful completion of the course.
If we don’t have a date set for the next course yet, you can add yourself to the waiting list and we’ll contact you when one is available.
The course will cover:
• Responsibilities of a First Aider;
• Recording of incidents and use of available equipment;
• Emergency Action plan, primary & secondary survey, airway management
• Dealing with an unconscious casualty (including seizure);
• Defibrillation protocols (theory) ILCOR 2010
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation; AED descriptions and usage
• Treatment of Minor Injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises);
• Dealing with blood loss and the treatment of Shock;
• Bandages, dressing and minor bleeds
• Minor burns and scalds;
Cancellations Policy: Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel your place. Cancellations within 24 hours of the booking will not be refunded.