POST TITLE: Deputy Catering Manager DATE AGREED: February 2024
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chef Manager
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about food and creating community through shared meals and cups of tea.
Our ideal Deputy Catering Manager would have experience in a kitchen or catering setting and bring high personal standards of organisation and cleanliness to the role. They will understand the importance of mentoring staff and volunteers.
DETAILS OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Multitasking role requiring cooking, customer service, table clearing, pot washing, maintaining a clean working environment and working within a team.
- Open and close the kitchen and café areas as required.
- Place food orders to be delivered to site and collect required stock from suppliers.
- Plan suitable dishes for the cafe specials board following costings guidelines and food safety/allergen procedures.
- Prepare, cook and present dishes in a safe and hygienic manner, following dish specifications.
- Prepare and serve food and refreshments for parties and events.
- Offer friendly customer service and respond to customer queries.
- Handle cash and card payments
- Assist in carrying out monthly stocktake
- Store food in compliance with safety practices.
- Record daily, weekly and monthly income and costs
- Deputise as the Café Manager in their absence.
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation and good practice are complied with.
- Understand and safely manage food allergens
- Liaise regularly with both the café manager and the centre manager to review and alter working practices to improve the efficiency and productivity of the café.
- Adhere to data protection policies when handling sensitive or private information
- Attend meetings/team briefings as required.
- Be willing to support centre events on evenings and weekends (4 per year)
- Assist in delivering training for café assistants and volunteers
- Provide on-site supervision for café assistants and volunteers
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling with the scope of the post as requested by management.
INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
EMPLOYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following details outlining some of the main Terms and Conditions of Employment are for information only. They do not constitute a contractual agreement. A full Contract of Employment will be issued to the successful applicant on appointment.
Normal hours of work will be 24 hours per week, over 3 days. Normal working pattern Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Hours will include some daytime, evenings, weekends.
You will be entitled to 6 weeks/yr pro rata (including Christmas shut down and most bank holidays).
The rate of pay will be £12
This job includes a pension, which we will pay 3% towards and you will pay 1%. We will pay up to 6% towards your pension if you match it with your contribution.
To apply: please fill out the application form and send your CV and complete form to email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 24th of February 2024 (end of day)