We are closed for all activities except the NHS rehabilitation sessions and disability sports until at least 29th March 2021.
We hope that we will be able to open gradually over the next few months, in line with the Government’s Roadmap.
Please DO NOT attend Penistone Leisure Centre if you suspect you may have Covid 19 or you are feeling unwell with a high temperature or persistent cough.
Here’s one of our fantastic volunteers Mick, talking you through what to expect in terms of Covid Secure measures at Penistone Leisure Centre. Please take a few minutes to watch this short video before you attend the centre for sessions.
We are awaiting confirmation from Public Health in Barnsley, but expect our timetable to be:
Easter holiday (29th March to 11th April):
- An Easter egg hunt, starting and finishing at the centre
- Outdoor table tennis in our car park
From Step 2 (April 12th at the earliest):
- Open the gym (max of 6 in the main gym and 2 in the cardio room)
- Private hire skating, table tennis, badminton and other single household/bubble activities
- Children’s karate, and possibly children’s skating lessons
- Baby yoga
From Step 3 (May 17th at the earliest), with people mixing in groups of up to 6:
- Public skating
- All classes
- Cafe open, including the board game cafe
From Step 4 (June 21st at the earliest):
- Informal indoor group sports like 5 aside football.