Call, text or leave us a message on 01226 763949/07526 253100
Email us: [email protected]
Or call in during gym or skating opening times.
Learn more about Sporting Penistone and who we are with this film made by Barnsley Council.
Penistone Leisure Centre was closed due to council cut-backs in summer 2011. Sporting Penistone is the community group which was founded to re-open it for the benefit of the community.
Sporting Penistone is governed by a voluntary board formed from local residents and users of the facility. More recently we have become an independent registered charity no. 1157786.
Sporting Penistone opened its doors to the public on Saturday 22nd September 2012 for classes in the main hall, and the gym re-opened on Monday 9th September 2013.
Thanks to the exceptional efforts of the Board, together with the grants from the Co-op and Peak Parks, not to mention the outstanding generosity of the people of Penistone and the surrounding areas we have been able to:
- un-board the windows
- hold 3 very well attended clean up days
- repaint the foyer
- paint the Weights Room and Gym Room
- re-lay the parquet flooring in the Party Room
- repair the plumbing, and
- fix a steel door to the cellar after thieves broke in and stole all the copper pipes
- run loads of different classes and increasing numbers of gym and skating sessions
- paint the party room, including a beautiful mural
However, there is always more to do! If you have any spare time and would like to help out please contact us on 01226 763949/07526 253100, at [email protected] or via our Facebook page, PLeisureCentre. Alternatively drop in to the Centre at any of our opening times.