Our brilliant team of Trustees are excited to be meeting with the Architects that they have commissioned to draw up plans for the future of Penistone Leisure Centre tonight (Thursday 08/02/18)!
It can’t escape notice that our building is in need of renovations to make it efficient and more suitable for its future use. We need to improve facilities to safeguard the centre and to make it accessible, and have asked architects to draw up a phased plan to improve different parts of the centre at a time, so as to limit disruption to the centres use, and to allow us to fundraise/apply for appropriate grants.
We’ve been seeking feedback on your thoughts for the future of the centre since November, with surveys placed around the building and newsletter/website/social media posts. The results of these were informative, with several points coming up repeatedly- Both positive and negative.
- Improvements are required to update the toilet/changing/showering facilities.
- People love the friendly, community atmosphere of Penistone Leisure Centre, and truly appreciate the volunteers who keep it going.
- The Accessibility of the centre needs to be improved to make sure that we are providing a service that the whole community can use.
- We offer excellent value for money, and make sports accessible for those who can’t afford expensive gym memberships.
- The Heating of the main hall requires improvement.
- We offer a great variety of activities/classes with Skating and Circuit Training both getting special mentions.
- The Car Park/One Way System needs to be clearer and better maintained, to ensure ease of use.
The Architects plans should address the points that we need to improve on and more!
We’ll be displaying the plans for your opinions at our fundraising ‘Winter Fair’ on Saturday 17th February 9-11:30am and during the Skating Session 12-2pm.
So, please come and tell us what you think… It is after all, YOUR Leisure Centre!