POST TITLE: Café Assistant DATE AGREED: February 2024
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chef Manager
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about food and creating community through shared meals and cups of tea.
Our ideal Café Assistant would be a quick learner and passionate about building community through customer engagement.
DETAILS OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Multitasking role requiring customer service, hot drinks service, order taking, food service, table clearing, pot washing and working within a team
- Open and close the café areas to the required standard
- Follow guidelines for food safety/allergen procedures
- Serve basic dishes in a safe and hygienic manner
- Set up and serve basic food for children’s birthday parties
- Offer friendly customer service and deal with customer queries
- Deal with cash and card payments
- Work with Duty Catering Manager in the Café Managers absence
INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
EMPLOYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following details outlining some of the main Terms and Conditions of Employment are for information only. They do not constitute a contractual agreement. A full Contract of Employment will be issued to the successful applicant on appointment.
Working Hours: Normal hours of work will be 15 hours per week, over 3 days, 9am-2pm normal working pattern, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Holidays: You will be entitled to 6 weeks/yr pro rata (including Christmas shut down and most bank holidays).
Salary: The rate of pay £10.42 per hour
This job includes a pension, which we will pay 3% towards and you will pay 1%. We will pay up to 6% towards your pension if you match it with your contribution.
To apply: Please fill out the application form and send your CV and completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 24th of February 2024 (end of day)