The gym at Penistone Leisure Centre is open to everyone aged 16 or over (14 or 15 if accompanied by an adult). There is a group of people who are super fit and train hard, but a lot of people come just to get a bit fitter.
All of the staff who open the gym are unpaid volunteers.
Inductions are necessary for all new members of the gym (even if you came years ago, or have been inducted at another gym). Your induction and first session are FREE. No need to book, just turn up at the times below when inductions are available.
Gym Opening times:
Morning and Weekend Opening Times:
- Mondays: 10am-12 – Inductions available
- Tuesdays: 10am-12 **For people already inducted**
- Wednesdays: 10am-12pm **For people already inducted**
- Thursdays: 10am-12 – **For people already inducted**
- Fridays: 10am-12 – Inductions available
- Saturdays: 12-2pm **For people already inducted**
- Sundays: 10am-12 **For people already inducted**
Afternoon and Evening Opening Times:
- Mondays: 5-8:30pm – Inductions available 5-6pm
- Tuesdays: 6pm-8pm **For people already inducted**
- Wednesdays: 4-8.30pm **For people already inducted**
- Thursdays: 6-8pm – Inductions available 7-8pm
- Fridays: 6-8pm – Inductions available 7-8pm * No inductions 22nd Sep & 29th Sep
Note: Bank holiday and holiday period opening times can be different to the above. Please check on notices at the centre or contact us by email, look at our latest posts, see our Facebook page or call us on 07526 253100
Prices: £2 per visit or £5 for a weekly pass (a rolling week like Tuesday to Tuesday, not a calendar week) or £17.50 for a monthly pass.
Become a volunteer!
Do you get a lot out of Penistone Leisure Centre? Could you give something back? The gym at Penistone Leisure Centre is run entirely by volunteers and the more people who get involved, the better service we can provide for the community.
If you are a qualified gym instructor who could help us increase the hours we can offer inductions, please let us know. In exchange for a 2hr volunteer session per week, you get 24/7 access to the gym for your own personal training.
If you are not a qualified gym instructor but could be on reception, we would also love to hear from you. In exchange for a 2hr volunteer session per week, you get free access to the gym for your own personal training during all gym opening times.
THE MACHINE WEIGHTS ROOM
- 3 Treadmills
- 2 Bikes
- 1 Stepper
- 3 Cross Trainer
- 1 Concept Rower
- Balance board
- Arm Curl
- Shoulder Press
- Chest Press
- Lat Machine
- Leg Extension
- Leg Curl
- Leg Press
- Abductor Machine
- Multi Hip Machine
- Abductor Inner Thigh Machine
- V-fit sit up training
THE FREE WEIGHTS ROOM:
- Smiths Machine
- Dumbbells: 2×1 kg to 2x40kg
- Arm Pully
- Flasy Power Station
- Kettle Bells 2×2.5kg to 2x24kg