We are recruiting for a
Part time, 15 hrs/wk. £9.50/hr
Penistone Leisure Centre is managed by its trustees, administrators and volunteers. We are planning a major refurbishment and have lots we want to get people involved in. This role will be to manage and develop our communications to users and the public. It will help us talk to more and different people and bring them in to the centre, now and for our future plans. The role will be interesting and varied and we need the right person to enable us to develop Penistone Leisure Centre with the community.
This is a 6 month contract to cover maternity leave but there is a possibility we might extend it as we will need extra staff to take the project forward.
The job will involve:
- Writing newsletter and blog posts and updating the website content
- Advertising through posters, flyers, social media, newspapers, radio and online
- Managing the photo library
- Managing user data, surveys and feedback
- Ensuring school holiday and event advertising is organised and timely
- Creating and updating internal notices
- Developing and managing other ways to communicate with users and the public
- General reception duties
We require a creative person with flair and enthusiasm who can also be organised and accurate. They will have worked in communications, marketing or advertising, and be confident in their ability to perform all the above tasks. They will have great people skills to be able to work with trustees, volunteers, centre users and staff, but will also be able to work independently and manage their time.
The normal hours of work will be 15 per week: Mon 9am-1pm, Tues 12-3pm, Fri 9am-1pm and 1hr/day flexibly on Wed, Thu, Sat, Sun. Starts ASAP.
Holidays: 6 weeks/yr (including Christmas shut down and bank holidays)
You can download:
- Application form – Communications Officer
- Job description, person specification and information for candidates
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
If you need a printed copy of any of the above information or if you have any questions, please email Kirsty at [email protected] or call her on 07341 300259.
Please return application forms to [email protected] or to Kirsty Salmon at Penistone Leisure Centre, Thurlstone Road, Penistone, Sheffield, S36 9EF.
Closing date: Friday 1st June 5pm
We are aiming to interview on Monday 11th June